An official website of the United States government
Here's how you know
A .mil website belongs to an official U.S. Department of Defense organization in the United States.
A lock (lock ) or https:// means you’ve safely connected to the .mil website. Share sensitive information only on official, secure websites.


If your question relates specifically to the 944th Fighter Wing, please see the questions below. If you have a question which is not addressed here, you may find the answer by visiting theQuestions page of Air Force Link. If you have a general military question, please refer to the Department of Defense Frequently Asked Questions page. 


Collapse All Expand All

I am interested in joining the Air Force Reserve. What do I do?

The first step is to contact one the Air Force Reserve Command recruiting offices located in Arizona. You can also visit theAir Force Reserve Recruiting Web site for more information.

Can I come onto Luke to see the F-16s?

Since Sept. 11, 2001, Luke is a closed base with access to only military identification cardholders. Without a military escort, civilians are not allowed onto the installation.

Can I come onto Luke to see the F-16s?

Since Sept. 11, 2001, Luke is a closed base with access to only military identification cardholders. Without a military escort, civilians are not allowed onto the installation.

Where can I get information about Luke flight paths?

The United States Air Force is committed to being a good neighbor. We appreciate the support we receive from the local community. The following information is designed to improve your understanding of Luke Air Force Base flying operations. For more information, visit the Luke Air Force Base Flight Operations and Noise page.


Why do you take off to the north when the areas north of the base are so densely populated? 

Our flying operations must take into account air traffic from other regional airports such as Glendale, Goodyear and Deer Valley. Deer Valley Airport had more than 389,000 takeoffs and landings in 2003 and is currently considered the 19th busiest of all U.S. airports, and the 2nd busiest general aviation airport in the nation. The area approximately 10 to 15 miles northeast of the base is the transitioning area for Deer Valley Airport traffic. 

More information can be obtained on the Flight Operations and Noise page.

How do I schedule an flyover or static display for my event? 

The first step in scheduling a flyover or static display is to go to the Secretary of the Air Force's Public Affairs office (SAF/PA)Web site. This Web site outlines the procedures for requesting approval for a flyover of static aircraft display for your event. You must submit a Department of Defense Form 2535, which you can obtain at this site, to SAF/PA and the event must be approved at Headquarters United States Air Force before the 56th Fighter Wing can consider your request. The 944th Fighter Wing Public Affairs office is prepared to assist you in completing the form 2535 and to answer any of your questions. The public affairs phone number is (623) 856-5388 or you can email us

After your event is approved by SAF/PA, an approval message will be posted to the SAF/PA aerial events Web site. Once your event is approved and you would like the 56th Fighter Wing to either fly over or provide a static diplay you need to call the 56th Fighter Wing Public Affairs office at (623) 856-6011 and let us know that your event has been approved. 

Approval by SAF/PA does not guarantee Luke Air Force Base participation. Flyovers and static diplays are done in accordance with operational considerations and as time and training dollars permit.

How do I request the Honor Guard for an event?

The Luke Honor Guard can be reached at (623) 856-7800.

Where can I live that doesn't get noise from the base?

The 56th Fighter Wing Community Initiatives Team (CIT) was established to address the issue of urban encroachment surrounding Luke Air Force Base, and in areas across the state that are vital to its continuing mission. The CIT's involvement with local municipalities has immensely improved the ability of surrounding communities to make land use and zoning decisions that are compatible with Luke Air Force Base's mission and ultimately the base's survival while at the same time improving the quality of life and ensuring the safety of area residents.

For more information, call the CIT at (623) 856-6169.


Where do I get information about noise?

Visit the Community Interests page or call the 56th Fighter Wing Public Affairs Office at (623) 856-5853.

Where can I obtain military memorabilia such as patches, stickers, uniform items, coffee mugs, etc?

Luke AFB is not able to provide patches, uniform items, and other forms of military memorabilia. However, several private companies exist to meet your needs.

I am interested in getting in contact with a buddy I used to be stationed with. Can you help?

Individuals who are trying to contact current or former members of the Air Force are encouraged to contact the World Wide Locator service located at Randolph Air Force Base, Texas. The telephone number to the World Wide Locator is (210) 565-2479.